Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Way We Were not


Angel in the kitchen, originally uploaded by Colonel Blink.
Get out in that kitchen and rattle those pots and pans,
Get out in that kitchen and rattle those pots and pans,
roll my breakfast 'cause I'm a hungry man

[Chorus:]
I said Shake, rattle and roll
I said Shake, rattle and roll
I said Shake, rattle and roll
I said Shake, rattle and roll
Well, you never do nothin' to save your doggone soul


Provided as a public service; an antidote to all the revisionist histories of the 1950s that are appearing at the moment suggesting that it was a wonderful time. It was not. Oh yeah the sixties were crap as well; think of all those high rise flats and as for the music for every Beatles and Stones album there were twenty by the likes of Brian Poole, the Bachelors or (gulp) the Dave Clarke Five. The best time is always tomorrow.
Her New Appliance

No comments: