Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Best Laid Plans etc.

This is the 2000th photograph uploaded to Colonel Blink on flickr. I left the house this morning intending to take a snap of something really special to mark the event. Instead I dropped my camera face down onto the pavement. Happily the UV filter took the brunt of any damage.

I was left however with a smashed filter whose rim was hammered hard onto the camera. Nothing would budge it. I tried a filter spanner loaned by Pat Woods in Capricorn Cameras, I tried putting the lens in the fridge for half an hour or so (wrapped safely in cling film) to see if that would help. In the end I had to use a hack saw blade to gently cut the rim off. Happily that was successful and my Canon resplendent with a new UV filter is up and running again.

No comments: