Monday, April 02, 2007

Lying about a Lotus


Lotus wheel, originally uploaded by Colonel Blink.

They were trying to sell this as eco-friendly (yes really) at the Forum yesterday. Maybe part of being eco friendly was not washing it as the paintwork was smeared and sticky to the touch.

The Parish Church of St Peter's Mancroft may be seen reflected in the paintwork.

To take this 'snap' I had to lie down on the ground and I kept thinking "I bet Tim Caynes or Hindolbittern or Leo or someone else from the Norfolk flickr group is hidden behind some lamp post recording me do this." A photograph of me lying on the ground could never be a thing of elegance and would most likely recall to any viewer the bathing habits of the warthog.

Technical note: Lying on the ground to take a photograph of a car is known as the Lotus position.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Obviously, had I known it was the elusive Blink lying there, I would have loomoo'd you up like a kipper, but as there are no visual references available to me to identify the Colonel, I am constantly on the lookout for a short pencil-drawing of a man leaning jauntily upon a wall.
I didn't see you, but I'm still looking...