Saturday, September 30, 2006

I don't know what I like but I do know about art.


Art Class, originally uploaded by Colonel Blink.

Just as one always wishes Morris Dancers possessed some kind of rhythm and did not prance around stiffly just missing the beat so I always wish that I could love the art of any of the pavement artists I have seen.

I am always reminded of an exhibition of Prisoner's art I once saw which seemed to comprise of surprisingly well crafted pictures of alsations and other pet manly dogs, garlands of flowers around the word mother, bikers sprouting angel wings and riding into heaven and (of course) pneumatic page three girls. There were no grounds, for me, to either appreciate or criticise what was on show because the aesthetic was so very different to mine own. It was so different, in fact, that I came away not feeling superior because of my better taste but reproaching myself for being a snob.

This guy has been chalking his pictures in the centre of Norwich for at least twenty years.

1 comment:

monty said...

Like your pictures and stuff, makes it an interesting read. Especially in a sense that you get to know some of the people out on the street in Norwich that normally I wouldn't know anything about.

I have recently started my photo blog, although not to your standard.

http://viewed.blogspot.com

Cheers

Dave