Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Untidy Nest


Carrow Road - Jarrold Stand, originally uploaded by Colonel Blink.

I gave up all interest in sports as soon as I discovered about girls and hence I had never been round to this side of Norwich City Football ground before. When you consider how beautiful some stadiums are (especially I think in Italy) the home of the Canaries is pretty leaden.The more familiar views of the ground from Carrow Road and Koblenz Avenue are brutal but this is worse. It looks like some Peoples Palace from Stalinist Russia.

At the far end of the picture is what is to be yet another Holiday Inn. We now have so many of these in Norwich that I predict that in five years time our streets will run red with the blood of Tesco and Holiday Inn employees fighting over the ownership of the last piece of commercial building land in the City.

No comments: